Introducing the EVGA GeForce GTX 980/970 and ACX 2.0
- September 19, 2014 The EVGA GeForce GTX 980/970 are the world’s most advanced GPUs. Powered by next-generation NVIDIA Maxwell architecture, it delivers incredible performance, unmatched power efficiency, and cutting-edge features like NVIDIA Super Resolution Technology. With up to twice the performance of prior-generation cards and breakthrough graphics technologies, the EVGA GeForce GTX 980/970 provides an elite gaming experience on virtual reality, HD, and ultra-resolution 4K displays.
EVGA ACX 2.0 – The World’s Most Efficient Air Cooler
Most graphics card manufacturers only focus on one aspect when designing their cooling solution and neglect all other aspects of the fan design and heatsink. With EVGA ACX 2.0, we focused on the details that make a real difference, not just marketing jargon.
In fact, did you know that the power consumption of a fan can directly affect your overclocking ability? Modern NVIDIA graphics cards have a maximum power ceiling that takes into account the fan power consumption, meaning the lower the power consumption from the fan, the more power available for the GPU! Triple fan coolers from competitors increase power consumption, thereby lowering your maximum overclocking headroom. When it comes to graphics cards cooling, less is more!
Back to basics for improved efficiency.
We did a full redesign on the motor, from improved magnets, to changing how the internals are designed to help reduce acoustic noise from the fan. Furthermore we also increased the fan blade count, which creates higher pressure allowing the heatsink and fan to cool better without needing to increase the motor speed and increase noise levels. This will help reduce the temperatures of the card and keep the fan noise down, increasing the lifespan of the card; all of this frees up additional power for overclocking.
Fan Blade Quality
• 11 fan blades increase CFM and static pressure
• Swept Fan Design to Reduce Fan Noise Level
• Low Profile
Fan Motor Quality
• Improved magnets allow for 150RPM max increase
• 3 Phase / 6 Slot Design Improves Efficiency
• Increased Silicon Steel increases magnet strength
What this means to you
• 26% Lower GPU Temperature*
• 36% Quieter*
• 250% Lower Fan Power Consumption*
• 400% Longer Lifespan**
*vs reference cooler
**vs competitor dual fan cooling solution
The EVGA GeForce GTX 980 and 970 are available now.
Learn more at: http://eu.evga.com/articles/00872/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-980-970/
Find out more about EVGA ACX 2.0 – The World’s Most Efficient Air Cooler, at:
EVGA’s recent annual awards wins for our graphics cards technology, design, and customer support:
Winner of the Hardwareluxx Award 2013 for Best Manufacturer of the Year: Graphics Cards (January 2014).
Winner of the Hardware.Info UK Award 2013 for Best NVIDIA-based Graphics Cards Brand (December 2013).
Winner of the PC Pro Excellence Award 2013 in the Graphics Card category (September 2013).
Winner of the Custom PC & Bit-tech Award 2013 for Best NVIDIA Graphics Card Manufacturer (May 2013).
EVGA is the #1 NVIDIA authorised partner in channel sales throughout North America and UK. Based on the philosophy of intelligent innovation, market knowledge, and the real time operation, EVGA continues to identify the need in the market place and providing the solution to that need. By offering product differentiation, 24/7 tech support, a 90 day Step-Up programme, and other customer focused programmes, EVGA is a clear leader in all categories: etail, retail, distribution, and system integration. With headquarters in Brea, CA, EVGA's global coverage includes EVGA GmbH in Munich, EVGA LATAM in Miami, and EVGA Hong Kong. For further information online about EVGA, visit: http://eu.evga.com.
For further information, contact:
+1 714-528-4500 x118
+49 89 189 049-0
- Download This Press
Release In Adobe Acrobat PDF Format